[TenTec] OT: Anyone used LiFePo technology yet for portable operations?

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Tue Apr 28 00:32:18 EDT 2015

GM Gene,

Useful information.  Thanks.

First of all, LiFePo is not like other battery technologies.

It was built to maintain its level much longer, even until it is almost run
down, and it also handles peak current significantly better than other
battery technologies.

Here's the specs on the one I'm looking at:

Kapazität

12Ah

Nennpannung

12,8V             Nominal Voltage

Zyklenfestigkeit

Ladeschlussspannung

14,4V              Starting Voltage

Entladeschlussspannung

10V                 Discharged Voltage

  max. Ladestrom

12A                 Max charging current

max. Entladestrom (Dauer)

12A                 Max continuous current drain

max. Entladestrom (Puls)

24A                 Max peak current drain

Selbstentladung (monatlich)

< 5%

Arbeitstemperatur (Laden)

0°C + 60°C

Arbeitstemperatur (Entladen)

-20°C + 60°C

Lagertemperatur

-20°C + 85°C

Anschlüsse

Faston 6,3

Lieferumfang

Abmessungen

151x97x98

Gewicht (g)

1900                4.bs. 3oz.

PRICE

                       146 Euro (abt. $183)

AND, I will reduce power to 25 or 30w anyway.

I will make up for that with a good antenna.

Sounds like that chip mod may well be worth it.

Thanks for the tip.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP

(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)