[TenTec] OT: Anyone used LiFePo technology yet for portable operations?

Wade Staggs tvman1954 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 06:04:38 EDT 2015

*Hello Folks,*
*                    The last few times I have opened my Mouth recently, it
has been to insert Foot! Or ay least it seems that way. So here we go
again. The Wouxan? And Baofeng, portable 2 Meter and 70 CM or Dual Band
Rigs, seem to perform quite well with their Lithium-ion battery packs.
These type batteries seem to perform really well in these portable ( sorry
Motorola, Handie Talkies ) Even though most EmCom outfits, still want you
to have a battery pack which that can use replaceable AA Cells. We have
personally had no problems or complaints using and trusting the
Lithium-ion battery packs that ship with these little wonder radio's. And
it would seem to me that Rigs which are voltage sensitive, would perform
better with this new type battery technology. Their voltage curve seems to
stay at the rated voltage until the packs current rating or spec becomes
fully exhausted. Well, is my foot in my mouth once more? The LiPo packs
seem to hold the best energy density to weight ratio but, are much easier
to physically damage. ( think Cell Phone )*
        *http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_polymer_battery
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_polymer_battery>*
*                                  73 to All from Wade/KJ4WS*