[TenTec] Eagle AM filter

R. Eric Sluder-W9WLW resluder at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 3 16:00:02 EDT 2015

Andy:
Good to see you on the list.  I know we worked each other briefly one day on SSB (or it could have been AM).  I too enjoy the flexibility the 6K filter provides on the receive side in SSB.  I do use the Eagle on AM quite a bit and ALWAYS get excellent audio reports.  I have signed and just listen in sometimes and have overheard fellas stating... "man, that Eagle sounds like a boat anchor."  John Henry did a FB job on the AM fidelity.  I use a R/S speaker as well, but do not remember the model number.  It is the cubed shaped one with a single full range speaker.  It was a little bassy for the Eagle, so I changed the driver out with one that had a little more high-end and the Eagle really sounds sweet!
 73, and hope to work you again some day.... Eagle-to-Eagle.

-EricW9WLW
P.S., there must be quite a few Eagles on the air.  During one check-in on Midcars I heard two other Hams checked-in with Eagles in my 15 minutes on net for a total of three of us!  Both had questions about the radio so we talked on air for a bit, swapped emails and I think at least one of them joined the list.