[TenTec] RM-500 Rack Mount for Omni and Paragon?

Steve Garwood n0czv at frontier.com
Sun Aug 9 19:34:31 EDT 2015

I have a RM-500 Rack Mount set of rails and handles and a question.

Between the RM-500 and a Paragon II and an Omni VI Plus, I am not seeing any holes that line up that match the radios and the panels.  There is a rectangular cutout on the sides of the panels.  There are two holes near the front, two at the rear, and two near the bottom edge.  The radio has four screws on each side.

Am I missing something here?  It doesn't seem right the there should be any drilling anywhere.

I have found pictures online of the rack mount kit, but none of one installed on a radio.

Anyone running rack mounts that can shed some light on the installation?

Thanks

Steve, N0CZV