[TenTec] Alternative Eagle Form Factor was Re: Status

Al Gulseth wb5jnc at centurytel.net
Mon Dec 7 11:53:06 EST 2015

I think what Darrell is saying is the reason that the early Omnis and Corsairs
continue to be popular: they feature RX performance which is still "plenty
good" for non-DXers/contesters like myself AND an intuitive front panel
layout, with the most used controls such as AF/RF gain, RIT/XIT, AF/RF
bandwidth, PBT [Corsairs] etc. right there instead of being buried in a menu.
(Does this also account for the continuing popularity of the Scout?)

That being said, if someone has an Omni-A series B with 30/12M installed and
wants to part with it I might be convinced to give it a new home ;-)

Finally, personal to Darrell: you said "My biggest wish however, is for
Ten-Tec to thrive for many years to come." To that I say "AMEN!"

73, Al