[TenTec] The new TenTec

Katz Ajamas ajamas.rn at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 17:21:02 EST 2015

I'm going to jump in on Eagle ergonomics. I like the controls and physical
layout. But, if the thing is going to get reworked physically a big heat
sink would be nice. Get rid of the fans! The Alda 103, CIR Astro, Swan 150,
and Little Atlas 21X are all small and without fans.

As for SDRs, There is no 100W SDR with decent(full QSK) TR cycle time in
the $1500 range. By cycle time, I mean the time between key up and hearing
the band.

As an aside, I've been doing a lot of hiking to local KH6 and W4 mountain
tops and plan to become active with SOTA as soon as I unload the Orion and
pick up an Argonaut. Photos posted to facebook.

73, -Bob ah7i/w4

73, Bob AH7I