[TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 156, Issue 4

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 08:41:32 EST 2015

I just measured 170msec latency on the 6500 in cw receive.  It's a lot (too
much for serious contesting IMHO) but it's not 350msec.

My methodology was to transmit a single dit using another rig and used a
microphone/soundcard to record the tx sidetone of rig 1 and then the
received dit on rig 2.

For comparison, my Orion II measured 45msec and my ANAN-100D SDR 70msec for
cw rx latency.

73, Barry N1EU