[TenTec] Dirty Transmitters - Flex and Yaesu

Darrell Bellerive VE7IU ve7iu at runbox.com
Thu Dec 10 11:34:25 EST 2015

http://www.dj0ip.de/app/download/5794190002/Elecraft+K3+rev+c.pdf
http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/elecraft_k3_receive_audio.htm

As Rob noted, Elecraft did address this 8 years ago, but it was not a
100% solution. The K3S with its new audio section appears to have
finally solved the issue, and that is the primary reason I have taken an
interest in the radio again.

I have operated a K3 and it is a very good radio, but I did not care for
the audio, the complexity, or the ergonomics. I do like the way Elecraft
supports and continuously improves their products. I have built two K2's
over the years and while I liked the performance, ultimately the small
form factor and ergonomics led to their sale. I suspect the Eagle will
eventually wear me down the same way. I really do not like that FNC button.

I also find that the Eagle has less of a softening effect on received CW
as the receive bandwidth is decreased.

For me an Eagle in a TS-590SG form factor with Elecraft development and
support would be as close to a perfect radio as I could hope for.

73, Darrell VE7IU