[TenTec] Dirty Transmitters - Flex and Yaesu

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Dec 10 16:28:53 EST 2015

On Thu,12/10/2015 1:04 PM, rick at dj0ip.de wrote:
> The K3 audio distortion problem was IMPEDANCE DEPENDANT.
> If you use headphones with 64 Ohms or more, you won't notice any distortion. If you use a speaker with 4 Ohms or 8 Ohms, you notice a lot of distortion.

If I'm not mistaken, there are separate output stages for phones and the
speaker.

The heart of the complaints with speaker audio on the K3 is that Wayne
Burdick, principal designer, is a backpacker at heart, his designs
emphasize low current drain, so his output stages tend to be current
starved.

73, Jim K9YC