[TenTec] Delta II intermittent RX (VCO issue?)

km2km at twc.com km2km at twc.com
Sat Dec 12 20:26:27 EST 2015

A few years into using my Delta II the same issues popped up. and I sent it back to TenTec.  They said that in the original runs there were soldering issues on the VCOs.  The one that was a problem for me was the one that handled 15 meters.  A few years later the same prroblem, and the second time TenTec fixed it - no charge.

I've been using my Delta II daily since the mid 1990s - traveled overseas etc. so it has been around and still a joy to use.

So, the problem described is  known issue, but can be fixed - a reflow the solder.  Not for me to do, but call TenTec to ssee if they will restore it.

Kris KM2KM
MERSCHROD
123 Warren Road
Ithaca, NY 14850

---- Steve <wa9jml at frontier.com> wrote:

My Argonaut II had VCO problems similar to what you describe. I sent it in to Ten Tec Service and it has worked fine ever since. I don't remember what the did to fix it.

Steve WA9JML