[TenTec] TenTec Paragon 585

chuck adams chuck.adams.k7qo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 12:50:55 EST 2015

I just bought a Paragon at a club auction early this week.
Got it and the power supply for a song and dance.  Don't
be jealous.

When I looked at it on the table where it was placed it looked
like the top was caught in a rock fight.

When I got it home, the front and back were 10/10 cosmetically.
The surprise came when I removed the cover.  It was unbent.
The inside looked like it was manufactured last week.  It is that
good and clean and has no modifications.

Receiver works but no output from the xmtr.

1.  What paint would you use to match the grey color?  Can I
      get it a Home Depot or Lowe's paint departments?

2.  I am looking for schematics.  I have a PDF of the manual
from TenTec without the schematics.

3.  Search for 6.3MHz crystals, HC-49u, came up empty.  Some
one hoarding them?  I'll go to Bomar and get 100 made up, but
would rather not.

Any help greatly appreciated.

chuck, k7qo