[TenTec] TenTec Paragon 585

Peter Bertini radioconnection at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 10:32:02 EST 2015

The early Paragons have a bad rap... PL lock problems, battery life... I
own a Paragon II and it is a great rig.  That tends to scare off a lot of
potential owners. I'd rather deal with a project Omni or Paragon vs. an
Orion, given that some Orion repairs are expensive board levels swaps.

I seen a lot of project Paragons on the market; even working models are
going for cheap prices. It is a lot of radio for someone on a limited
budget. Best part is that the filters are used in other models, so the
investment in filters can be recouped without much effort.

Pete