[TenTec] OMNI 5 GOES DEAD ON 40

Carl Moreschi n4py3 at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 12 18:20:50 EST 2015

If the internal RAM battery fails, all the Omni V memories will be lost
at power down.  For the Omni V.9, this means you would lose remembering
the band stacking register values when you power off.

As long as power remains on the radio, no function would be lost.

I do not know if the chip was later replaced by tentec with a
non-volatile RAM chip. But the clock chip with its internal battery was
called an NVRAM chip back in 1993.

I don't remember but does the Omni V also have a 9 volt battery in it
like the Paragons did?

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549