[TenTec] BUNGEE CORDS

Greg S via TenTec tentec at contesting.com
Thu Jan 1 11:10:26 EST 2015

EPDM Rubber cords at $2 each:

http://tinyurl.com/p3wr2rz

Trimmer line..... 685 Feet for $35:

http://tinyurl.com/odzjphz

Above items ordered together ship free to USA when ordered together.

Again... MY EXPERIENCE. Yours may vary. I live in Michigan where we get fairly hot and cold. I have seen 104 F in summer and 17 below in winter. I use a $12 slingshot and a $12 closed face fishing reel taped to it for shooting mono-filament line to haul up the trimmer line. Paint your weight you shoot over the tree branch bright orange.... helps you see it when you are looking for it. Nail polish is durable for that. The trimmer line is tough to tie knots in. I used cheap electrical tape to help secure the mono-filament to the trimmer line.  I had up an EDZ, Coaxial Bazooka,  Shirley Array, and at another time a Jamaica Array up in the trees cut for 80M at my old location.  At times they were better  than the Skywire Loop, but not very often. More often the loop was better. These tests were primarily for NVIS type contacts on freqs below 10Mc. I took all the other antennas down, and smiled looking up at my lowly horizontal loop. Again- MY EXPERIENCE. You
 can SAY what you want about that, make fun of it, tell me I done it all wrong, tell me your idea is better, ......... but it doesn't CHANGE it. It's MINE.

Happy new year!

Greg, KC8HXO