[TenTec] Tree supported antennas

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Fri Jan 2 16:00:24 EST 2015

Dave,

I had trouble with the Wireman Windowline breaking, usually once per year.
I tried solid and then stranded.  Stranded lasted 2 years.  I finally
figured out how to do it.  You have to strain relief the openwire,
insulation and all, and solder the feedline to the wires with no strain on
them.

I also once used this one:
http://ars.nc4fb.org/ocf-133-dipole-swr/ladder-loc.jpg
Had it up for many years with no problems, and only took it down when I
moved to a new QTH.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of David
Perrin
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2015 9:13 PM
To: tentec at contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Tree supported antennas

I have had long term success using 1/8" chain saw pull cord to tie my wire
dipoleS up with: full sized 80 and 160. Since 1980, rope thru a pulley is
same, where the rope is in a 90' tall pine I do exercise the rope to inspect
it, and to insure it doesn't grow into the tree. The 160 dipole is 256' of
12ga copperweld with no issues, except the 100ft of open wire does break at
dipole center.

FYI

73 de Dave. K1OPQ

Sent from my iPhone