[TenTec] FS: 546 Omni B fully loaded with PS

Neil Martinsen-Burrell neilmartinsenburrell at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 23:13:14 EST 2015

For sale is a TenTec model 546 Omni B. While the radio is 34 years old, it
is in excellent working condition. This has been my main rig and has
performed well in contests and ragchews alike. It has the optional 1.8 kHz
and 500 Hz crystal filters as well as the optional noise blanker module.
There is a chip out of the back of the DRIVE knob that doesn't affect
performance in any way.

Included is the matching model 280 power supply. This has the original
matching power cord for the radio and contains an over-current protection
circuit breaker to protect the finals in situations of antenna mismatch.
The power supply can be switched from the front panel of the radio.

This is a wonderful example of a classic radio. I am the second owner,
having bought it from the original purchaser (thanks Ham!). I am only
selling it because of an upgrade to an Elecraft K2/100. Thankfully I've got
a 506 Rebel here now to keep the orange-dot mojo alive.

I will include printed manuals for the radio, power supply, filters, and
noise blanker. There are also complete service records for the radio
showing that it has been checked out by TenTec and fully updated for 12 and
30 meters. The original receipt is there too ($1046 in 1980!).

$390 plus actual shipping costs for your choice of shipping method. Radio
will ship in an original TenTec expanded foam carton with the power supply
packed in a second box.

First firm email to neilmartinsenburrell at gmail.com gets it. I take Paypal,
money order, check, cash, and anything else I can spend. Pictures available
upon request.

-Neil N0FN