[TenTec] Question about New Omni VII

Steve Berg wa9jml at frontier.com
Thu Jan 15 13:32:04 EST 2015

I got my new Omni VII yesterday, and let it thaw out overnight.  So far,
I have discovered that it will not work with the Ten Tec power supply
that has worked fine with the Corsair II for years.  But it works fine
with my Astron.

I am confused about one of the options.  It has CWL and CWU operation.
The last time I had to deal with this was when I was running my National
NCX-5.  I gather that it is the lower and upper sideband versions of CW,
but what difference does this really make? Is one preferable over the other?

I have read the manual several times, and have managed to make a few
contacts with it so far.  After the Argonaut II, the Argonaut VI, and
the Corsair II, I am not used to this sort of rig at all.

Help?

Steve WA9JML