[TenTec] Looks like company is fading away

Steve Berg wa9jml at frontier.com
Sun Jan 25 21:15:16 EST 2015

In the past year I have bought a new Argonaut VI and a new Omni VII.  I
am very happy with both radios.  I would not consider any of the Orions
because they do not cover my favorite band, 6 meters.

The Argo VI was used a lot during the ARRL Centennial, and with the
WRTC.  It is now waiting for spring when I will be using it as the IF
for my 2 meter setup, once I get my feedline problems fixed.

The Omni VII is a very nice radio, and I am really enjoying it while on
the learning curve.  I have also worked some new countries with it.  It
is a worthy successor to my Corsair II, which I am keeping as a backup.

I have a Centaur amp, but have not used it much due to my living in a
very tightly packed subdivision.  I don't need the RFI headaches from
running that much power.  I have learned to make plenty of contacts,
even with only 10 watts, and that has added to the fun this past year.

Ten Tec is doing fine, despite a really lousy economy.  I am hoping that
they will continue to produce their outstanding products for many more
years.  I will be helping them with this by making purchases as my
finances permit.  Their merger with Alpha will likely be a help in
keeping them open.  And, they seem to still be responsive to inquiries,
and also fixing older products despite the problems in sourcing needed
parts.

73,

Steve WA9JML