[TenTec] WTB Omni D or Corsair II

James Boswell jboswell at nrao.edu
Mon Jan 26 12:37:50 EST 2015

On 1/21/2015 7:07 PM, JJ wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am new to the list.  My name is Jon, WS1K and I am from Plymouth, MA.
>
> I have been wanting to try a Ten-Tec transceiver for a long time so
> I'm finally pulling the trigger.
> If anyone is looking to sell, I am interested in an Omni D-Series C or
> maybe a Corsair II.  CW filter(s) would be a bonus.
>
> Thanks and 73,
> Jon
> WS1K

Jon,
     I have a nice TenTec Omni C that I am about to sell. The price with
the 500HZ and 1.8KC filters will be $400. You pay the first $25 on
shipping and I will cover the remainder. I also will include a power
cord with fuse holder and power pole connectors and the factory manual.
This Omni C does not have the 12 and 17 meter crystals but you can buy
them from TenTec and plug them in yourself. Before I sell the radio I
will give it a complete test, record results, and I can shoot you a few
photos too. When I sell a radio I stand behind the sale.
     I also have a Corsair to sell for $500 with the 500HZ and 1.8KC
extra filters. The Corsair is a bit better radio, and it has a few more
controls. Sorry, I don't have a Corsair II to sell.
     I have worked as an electronics technician for over 38 years. I
have been a amateur for over 30 years. Here is a photo from my work at
the VLA radio telescope, near Socorro New Mexico. Here is also a photo
of my basic station, with the TenTec Paragon and the TenTec Corsair II.
Contact me if you have any questions.
     If you ever get out West toward New Mexico, give me a call and I
can try to get you a tour of an antenna.

     73'S  Take Care, KA5SIW