[TenTec] Airpax Breakers

Wade Staggs tvman1954 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 18:41:22 EST 2015

*Having talked with Paul Clinton a while back ( TT service manager ) and
several of my friends in the know. We decided to go the full route with the
Airpax Magnetic Breaker. My Elmers and the folks at Ten Tec are all on the
same page on this issue. A 20 Amp Fuse takes too long to open when
overloaded. The Airpax Breaker, is said to be much faster at opening the
circuit when overloads occur. Since the older T/T stuff has no Auto Fold
Back to protect the Rig in High SWR and Bad Feed Line events. This Magnetic
Breaker, is your only line of Defense. Go ahead with the 20 Amp fuse at
your own risk. We even run the Airpax with our newer T/T gear.*
*
73 de Wade/KJ4WS*