[TenTec] Corsair II FOR SALE

Jerry Haigwood jerry at w5jh.net
Sat Jan 31 18:51:44 EST 2015

Hi folks,
    Recently I placed my Corsair II up for sale.  I consider the Corsair II
to be the best radio of its time.  It still competes against the latest and
greatest radios.  The best part of the Corsair II is that it is an analog
radio.  It does not have any menus to setup!  The receiver is superb.  If
you don't believe me ask people like Barry, N1EU, or Steve, G3TXQ.  Even
though these gentlemen own later Ten Tec radio they also own a Corsair II.
The Corsair II is one of Ten Tecs finest designs.  I have made one
improvement to my Corsair II, I added a G3TXQ DDS.  Steve's DDS design is as
close to a drop in replacement for the PTO as can be had.  This DDS makes
the Corsair II unconditionally stable.  One of the failures that have
occurred to some of the Corsair II is the display logic board.  It has a
processor which Ten Tec no longer supports.  Steve, G3TXQ, fixed that
problem by redesigning the display logic board.  His design, using 2 PIC
processors, works very well. I sold this fix as a kit and kept one for
myself.
    I am selling this radio because I need to purchase a spectrum analyzer.
So here is what you get.

A very nice condition Corsair II, Astron power supply, fast acting circuit
breaker, the 2.4KHz filters, the display logic board kit, DDS VFO built in,
and the original analog PTO.  I am sweetening the deal by including the
500Hz CW - all of this for $450 + ship.
    I also have the 263G remote VFO for $150 + ship. The 1.8KHz filter for
$50 and 250Hz filter also for $50.  The buyer of the radio will get the
first chance at the 263G and filters.

Jerry W5JH