[TenTec] 2800Hz filters in 9mHz slots?

Mark Kenward k8vf_mark at centurytel.net
Sun Jul 19 21:32:16 EDT 2015

Subject: 2800Hz filters in 9mHz slots?

I asked my original question because I have a Paragon II with a non balanced filter, it seems.

LSB is high pitched, USB is more normal or bassy.

I got one which had been checked by TT in Tenn, but while it is better, it is still an older model and not well balanced.  I dont see new ones for sale from TT.

I would be well served if I just bought an Inrad 2400 Hz filter, I think.

BFO'S all set properly, I am on frequency, just tinny on LSB and more normal for a 2400Hz filter on USB.

Thanks for all the advice.