[TenTec] Scout problems

James Ross jameswross at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 22 08:11:27 EDT 2015

Hello,

I recently bought a Scout at an estate sale. I am not sure it is
transmitting, or that the meter is working right

It receives off the air OK, but the meter stays about halfway across the
scale on receive no matter the signal strength.

On transmit, the ALC light comes on, but the meter does not move from about
3/4 scale, either on FWD or reflected power and does not respond to audio
level.

On CW input, the meter does not respond to the keyer, just stays in the same
place

Any ideas?

TNX es 73,

Jim W4GHL