[TenTec] Eagle and Zero Beating

Al Gulseth wb5jnc at centurytel.net
Thu Jul 23 11:48:58 EDT 2015

"[D]sp brick wall narrow filtering"? I've had the same thing happen back when
I was running a Corsair with the 250 Hz 282 filter switched in. I remember
several occasions when I'd sign off a contact and then (just by habit) flip
the filter switch to the wide position and hear a station calling me who was
just far enough off my frequency to not be in the passband of the 282. By
using the 282 in conjunction with the passband tuning, some almost insanely
narrow bandwidths (at least for an analog rig) could be achieved.

73, Al