[TenTec] Looking for special filter for Orion and Acom amp

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Mon Jul 27 11:31:30 EDT 2015

Carl:

I found  that even with one of those filters and an ICE BCB filter both in
line that I still had Arc Fault problems with my Orion II.  It turns out it
took two things to finally fix it.  First, I sent the radio back to Ten Tec
where they discovered there was a bad bias pot in the final.  That fixed
most of the problems, but the circuit in the ACOM 2000A, which I believe is
the same as in the 1000, was way too sensitive and had to be modified.  I
shunted R132 on the Interface board (100k Ohms) with a 47 k Ohm resistor.
R132 is found on Sheet 7 of the schematics in Appendix A of the Technical
Supplement of the 2000A.  It may be in a different location for the 1000.
No problems since, unless there really is an arc, in which case the circuit
still works as it should.

          Ron Castro
           N6IE
    www.N6IE.com