[TenTec] low output on SSB with Omni VII

Mark Kenward k8vf_mark at centurytel.net
Sun Jun 21 16:48:36 EDT 2015

It's a sad day for me,I turned my omni 7 on today and I have 100 watts on all modes(fm,am,cw,fsk) except SSB I only get 5 watts out and it's all distortion.I also put audio through ACC 1 and used line out and still the same result 5 watts on SSB.I tried 3 antennas and 2 dummy loads I have tried 5 mics 2 ten tec 705,709.and 3 dynamics  including a heil and Yamaha  headset.I have only owned and use the radio since Friday,do you members have any suggestions????????
Thank you,Bill / N1ASS.73