[TenTec] OMNI 5 SSB RECEIVE

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 08:55:18 EST 2015

What does the Omni V rx audio bandwidth measure, that you want to increase
it?  Have you run the audio into a soundcard spectrum analyzer?

I suspect it would be very easy to optimize the bandwidth.  I would start
by carefully aligning the BFO oscillators to spec and then dropping in a
pair of Inrad 2.8KHz filters and measuring the passband.  If it's being
constricted, I would try jumpering the SSB/CW audio coming off the product
detector (U3-6 tapped through a 1uF capacitor) to the AF Gain control
(bypassing notch filter and tone controls) and check the improvement.
That's where I would start.  Depending on what I found, I would proceed
from there and see what I needed to address (if anything).

73, Barry N1EU