[TenTec] Omni VI Opt 3. Key Clicks

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at hawaiiantel.net
Sat Mar 7 16:21:05 EST 2015

I recall some discussion about one cause of clicks in the Omni VI was
the TX carrier BFO frequency being on the skirt of the default 9 MHz IF
filter. The one that is used always for SSB TX  to reject the unwanted
sideband, and is also in the signal path for CW TX. That would be where
the suggested solution of getting a different filter comes from. Before
spending the money on a different filter, it should be possible to
adjust the TX BFO frequency (perhaps the right word is mis-adjust) to
put it further into the filter passband, and out of the skirt area. That
should demonstrate whether the clicks go away. Your TX frequency would
be inaccurate. I am not saying this is a long term solution, but rather
a troubleshooting step.

DE N6KB