[TenTec] diversity receive with a pair of OmniVIs???

Gary - AB9M glhuber at msn.com
Thu Mar 12 21:03:01 EDT 2015

I believe you could (or can) do diversity receive with a pair of OMNI-VIs
(or a pair of any similar receivers which are stable and can track in
frequency together). The other requirement is two antennas at right angles
(in any plane) to each other, both having feed lines of the same electrical
length to achieve space or polarization diversity.

While I have seen advertisements for diversity receive using the FLEX 5000
and FLEX 6700 radios, I remember doing the same thing with a pair of Drake
R4-B receivers back in the 70s. The thing I remember was that as a signal
would start to fade on one, it would increase on the other. (see
http://www.w8ji.com/polarization_and_diversity.htm and
http://kc.flex-radio.com/knowledgebasearticle50386.aspx)

73 & DX,

Gary - AB9M