[TenTec] Orion Interface Options

Bill Gaines ad8p at wcoil.com
Sat Mar 14 14:49:11 EDT 2015

I have an Orion 565 and in addition to mostly operating CW I do use the radio for RTTY using FSK. My question (in a minute) is not to generate a debate on the pros and cons of RTTY using FSK or AFSK. I learned RTTY some 45 years ago on the old machines and was brought up on FSK so that is what I wish to stay with. My debacle is this. For several years now I have had two rather expensive interfaces that I have used (two of the same make and model). The first one failed as a result of a nearby lightening strike and the second just failed because (you fill in the blank). I am tired of getting a second mortgage for a piece of equipment. What products in use seem to be most popular? I do want something that will allow mw to use CW and RTTY. I am not interested in the other various digital modes at this time although I would guess that they all do most of the same things. Maybe I will need a second mortgage after all.

Thanks in advance,

Bill AD8P