[TenTec] kHz / kC

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Mar 29 20:30:06 EDT 2015

On Sun,3/29/2015 12:36 PM, Clayton Brantley via TenTec wrote:
> I think it's time to kick ole Hertz where it hurts and return to kc and mc.  My radiodoesn't really care, but the freqs we use should be know for something other thansome guy we never knew.

That's a shameful attitude -- our world is built on the shoulders of
those who came before us. It is more than fitting that we honor at least
some of those giants. Better to buy a book (or surf the internet) and
learn about these giants. Wikipedia is a great place to start.

Something equally dumb happened in Chicago a decade or so ago. A
neighborhood school was named for George Gershwin, one of the greatest
composers of the century. Thanks to music education being short-changed
by inadequate budgets, the students (and many of the parents) didn't
know who he was, so they lobbied to name the school after an African
American that they did know. Ironic, since Gershwin's work drew a lot on
the African American musical tradition.

73, Jim K9YC