[TenTec] Speaker upgrade for 961/962 power supply?

Ralph Arnold rea.papaof10 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 12:20:54 EDT 2015

Ralph KD8BTQ---Hi Barry just reading the mail an noticed the question about
the automotive Coaxial speaker.  I found the accessory add-on car speakers
of the type you put in the rear deck (window) to be a really good sound
especially for voice .  It better matches the voice spectrum than just a
single cone speaker  The tweeder is much more efficient at the higher audio
freqs  but you do have to put a baffle behind the speaker to project the
sound  I used an old Kraco 2-way 4" speaker I found at the GoodWill store.
The voice coils were 4-Ohm each so the Impedance matched the 8 Olm I'm
sorry about the rambling on  I'm an old US Navy Aviation Electronics 73
---KD8BTQ...Ralph