[TenTec] More T parts - Web Site details

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Tue Nov 3 02:17:04 EST 2015

Gentlemen, this is NOT how you do it.

I have 4 web sites.
All 4 use a content management system (CMS).

With a good CMS, you can create a new page within about 1 minute.
You don't need to program anything.
It is just drag-n-drop, point and click, cut and paste, etc. - just like
working in a Word document.

It is very kind of Robert to volunteer to do this, but I think his approach
would be too slow and dependant on one single person.

We need a system where at least 2 people would be able to manage the
database.

Everyone reading this email is capable of managing a CMS-based web site.  It
is dirt simple.
If you are able to paste a picture into a Word document, then you can do
this.

The total cost is about $10 per month for something like this.
Of course if someone already has a CMS-based web site, it is very simple to
add the pages for free.  But then the URL route will be non-related to the
subject.

For instance, if I put it up on my site, it would be:
www.dj0ip.de/ten-tec-trade/

(BTW, that is a "LIVE" LINK) - try it!

I would love to do it but I really don't have 10 seconds of spare time and I
feel I am too old.  We need someone with a longer life expectancy than mine
to do this.

First of all, it's a great idea but it needs to be organized and easy to
use.
We must define a format and rules and information must be delivered in that
form.
(keep it very simple of course)

..> define text format
..> define max picture size
..> define how seller data is to be displayed

Next, it must be managed in close to real-time.
Programming a web site in PHP is NOT how you do that.
It needs to be done in a CMS web site, as I have just demonstrated.

BTW, I created that web page while I was writing this email.
Took less than 10 minutes, most of which was spent designing the banner at
the top of the page.

ALSO, we began by saying we need an environment to buy, sell, swap Ten-Tec
boat anchor parts. As soon as we said that, people starting throwing in
their Eagles!
I don't know if we want to do that or not.
If that's what everyone wants to do, then I would suggest we have 3
sections:

..1. Newer Ten-Tec products (OMNI V and Newer)
..2. Older Ten-Tec products (Corsair and earlier)
..3. Ten-Tec Spare Parts

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)