[TenTec] TT Synthesizer Accuracy (Orion 2)

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Fri Nov 13 00:21:33 EST 2015

Gary:

I believe your assessment is correct, especially in the later firmware versions that set up the 'cancellation' routine.  This also fixed the slight difference in frequency between the main and sub RX's, or at least radically improved it.  The bottom line is that the only thing that needs to be adjusted is the Master Oscillator.

I also have an 8640B, a lucky e-bay purchase that works great, but I still wouldn't trust it for the kind of accuracy I want in my Orion II.  Only WWV is good for that and once calibrated, I use the Orion II to calibrate the 8640B.

          Ron Castro
           N6IE
    www.N6IE.com

Member: