[TenTec] Bad Capacitors (WAS: Orion II master resetting each turn on)

Duane Calvin ac5aa1 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 09:37:28 EST 2015

Thanks for the reminder, Ron.  I notice the Wiki article is not complete.
It leaves out the news story that came out a while after the plague began
that told of how someone had infiltrated the premiere electrolytic maker in
Taiwan and stole the recipe for the "secret sauce" inside.  Problem was, the
company had hid away the real recipe, and had left a phony copy where it
could be stolen in order to foil competitors.  And, sadly, that is how we
have been cursed with the bad capacitors for lo these many years!  Here's
one of the online references with a slightly different twist, but it's
close:
  http://www.pctools.com/security-news/faulty-capacitors/

And that's our intrigue for a Friday morning, the 13th!

	73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas
ac5aa at ac5aa.com