[TenTec] TT Synthesizer Accuracy (Orion 2)

Jim M. n4be_jim at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 13 11:48:06 EST 2015

Well, who would have thought?  I did a master reset and ram clear, then recalibrated to 10 Mhz wwv as described in the procedures.  Now tuned frequencies appear to be exact on other bands/frequencies!  Sorry to waste everyone's bandwidth.  I should have done the resets earlier.  Must be some kind of adjustment factor in the firmware that got corrupted.  I did update to the latest firmware version last year and hadn't used the radio much since then so I didn't notice the frequency discrepancies.
Moral of the story:  When in doubt, master reset and ram clear.

73 Jim N4BE