[TenTec] FS: Ten Tec Omni-D (Series B)

Tim Cook nz8j at woh.rr.com
Sat Nov 14 14:35:52 EST 2015

I have for sale an Omni-D that I bought a few weeks ago for nostalgia
purposes, but that has passed and it's time to move it on.  It has had the
warc mod done for 30 and 12 meters. It has no optional xtal filters or the
optional noise blanker.

It is however in excellent condition physically and operationally from what
I can tell. I am primarily a cw operator and it works super on cw, the built
in audio cw filters (inside the agc loop) are fantastic. I've had many cw
qso's with it. I have also made a couple contest style SSB contacts just to
check it out on SSB.

I have an original manual, original box with the fitted foam inserts Ten Tec
used back in those days, a Ten Tec banana hand mic (no stand, just the mic)
and a power cord with the 20 amp on/off switch/circuit breaker in line.

The PTO is good, runs from end to end just fine with no hang ups and the
power output varies between 80 to 100 watts depending on the band which is
typical for the radios. The display is nice and bright and all light work.
The switches are nice and crisp, I don't think it has really had a lot of
use despite its age.

Because it's 35+ years old I am selling it as-is, but it works just as I
described. You can check my feedback on QTH.

I'm asking $295 plus shipping/insurance

I can send pictures for those seriously interested.

Please email direct to nz8j at woh.rr.com <mailto:nz8j at woh.rr.com>  with any
questions

Thanks

Tim