[TenTec] Omni VI noise blanker

Steve Berg wa9jml at frontier.com
Sun Nov 22 19:37:43 EST 2015

I have never used an Omni VI.  The noise blanker in my Omni V was pretty
useless.  The one in my Argonaut II is superb.  It takes out auroral
noise when I use it on 6 meters, and also does a pretty good job on Es
band noise.  I finally found a noise that the Corsair II noise blanker
actually works on.  We got a lot of heavy wet snow yesterday, and there
was a lot of line noise, that was popping away.  I tried the blanker and
it took it right out.  I hope it works on electric fence noise up North.

Steve WA9JML