[TenTec] Open Wire Line - D-i-Y "Professionally"

Phil Sussman psussman at pactor.com
Wed Oct 21 11:43:09 EDT 2015

Rick,

Years ago there was a company in the USA that also sold a similar spreader.
I noticed in your web site the spreaders have three tines (forks). The old
units here were constructed out of some black material and had four forks. I
tried them out and they did work without adjusting tuner in rain, snow, etc.

Unfortunately, we are in an area of high wind and freezing cold rain. The
problem was these units would fail (tines broke off) in -20 degF weather
with any wind at all. Company went out of business.

Now I use 4" ceramic spacers on my ladder line. They look like 'dog bones'
and were sold years ago by Radio Shack, before they switched to polyvinyl.
The added benefit of the weight of the ceramic spacers keeps the line
from "whipping around" in the usually high winds in this area.

Regards,

de Phil - N8PS