[TenTec] Orion 1 CPU

Jeff (W4DD) w4dd09 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 10:36:53 EDT 2015

For anyone that needs (or may need someday) a CPU chip (MC68EZ328) for the Orion 1 main board, I ran across this ebay seller.  According to the schematic, the MC68EZ328 is what is used on that board.  I believe it is a 16MHz CPU.  Only $10 shipped, cheap insurance.

Another Orion user said his chip was stamped XLINK 68328, so the part numbers seem to be consistent.

The Orion 2 uses a similar chip but running at a higher clock rate.

It is a surface mount device so you would need someone skilled to replace it.

Jeff, W4DD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MC68EZ328-DragonBall-EZ-Integrated-Portable-System-Processor-/261820697695?hash=item3cf5bacc5f:g:uxsAAOSwrklVDjVr