[TenTec] Corsair I refurb project

Al Gulseth wb5jnc at centurytel.net
Sat Oct 24 15:24:53 EDT 2015

May be apples and oranges, but I had an issue with a Corsair "back when" where
the RX on 40M would die after about an hour of operation (as you will see,
this would have affected the TX also.) I called TT service and was advised to
re-solder the bandswitch pins on the crystal board. When I pulled it out, I
could see a hairline crack around the [square] bandswitch pin in the (round)
PCB hole. A quick resoldering of all the pins and everything was happy. Yep,
an actual "square peg in a round hole" problem HI HI!!

73, Al