[TenTec] Model 253 Auto Antenna Tuner

Gary - AB9M glhuber at msn.com
Thu Oct 29 14:39:56 EDT 2015

About $600 tops.... I have one and am not looking for another. A couple
years ago I had to have my 253 repaired and TenTec told me the repair was
worth more than the value ($600) but I had the work done. Yes, you may be
able to buy another auto - tuner new for that price or a little more but it
isn't a Ten-Tec model 253.... If the new radios won't support the remote
cable, there are ways to read the radio frequency via CAT control, run a
signal out a parallel (printer) card, decode that signal and put voltage on
the proper Molex pin to band switch each of the four antenna positions.

73 & DX,

Gary - AB9M