[TenTec] Century 21 Replacement Drivers and Finals

Al Gulseth wb5jnc at centurytel.net
Mon Aug 8 17:06:48 EDT 2016

Woody,

Since no one else has replied, I'll take a shot at answering your question.
The following is from Motorola Application Note AN-593 "BROADBAND LINEAR
POWER AMPLIFIERS USING PUSH-PULL TRANSISTORS" by Helge Granberg:

<snip> The exact amount of even-harmonic suppression available with push-pull
stages is highly dependent on several factors, the most significant one being
the matching between the two output devices. <snip>

I.e., proper transistor matching is a very important factor in generating a
clean signal which meets FCC specs and doesn't put garbage on the airwaves.

73, Al