[TenTec] Recalcitrant Orion

Gary J FollettDukes HiFi dukeshifi at comcast.net
Tue Aug 9 22:02:22 EDT 2016

I am trying to follow the A/B select line from the switches to the CPLD.

The schematic of the pushbutton designates ROW 1 through 5, with ROW5 carrying the logic from the A/B switch to the CPLD.

The schematic of the CPLD board shows only ROW 0 through ROW4 inputs.

Do you suppose the draftsperson(s) at Ten Tec made an error on one of the two schematics, resulting in this disagreement?

This kinda makes logic flow hard to follow but, if that is true, then the A/B signal would thus appear to be directed towards pin 109 of the XC95288XL CPLD.

This data line is the only one that involves an extended press of a given button to bring about performance of a task. All the others are instantaneous. This  is also the only button that has layered tasks, one instantaneous, the other with a 2 second press.

That may also be a hint as to how the CPU handles this button’s input.

I noticed some other schematic errors so far, mostly on the button board. I wonder if the draftsperson for this board was having a bad day...

Gary