[TenTec] OT: 7300 buy back program

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Aug 15 03:38:44 EDT 2016

On Mon,8/15/2016 12:24 AM, rick at dj0ip.de wrote:
> Many of the users are not satisfied - for whatever reason -  and have
> buyer's remorse.

It's easy to see why, having owned the K3/P3 for a long time, one of the
radios whose features this one tries (and fails badly) to emulate. It's
billed as an SDR with knobs plus a touch screen spectrum display. All
that's true, sort of, but the display is too small for the touch
function to work very well. If you want the features of an SDR with the
performance of a real radio, you've got to aim a LOT higher. There's a
reason that the Flex and Elecraft radios cost as much as they do.

I don't see the 7600 as a step up -- among other things, it's fairly
dirty transmitting CW. I've got a neighbor 10 miles away using one who
makes my life miserable. I see the Kenwood TS590 rigs as the best bang
for the buck NEW radio today. I think a used Orion II or K3 is an
awfully good deal.

73, Jim K9YC