[TenTec] Re [Ten Tec}OT - Entry Level for Boys

Duane Calvin ac5aa1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 17:36:58 EDT 2016

OK, one more.  When I started out as WN2HDS in 1963, I was using a Heath
GR-91 (terrible RX), and a built-from the Handbook 30W 6DQ6B oscillator.
QSO's were very few and far between.  Worked all summer mowing lawns to
purchase and build a Knight-Kit R-100A with Q-Multiplier and S-Meter.  Now
THAT was a receiver (compared to the Heath)....  It didn't help that I
ordered a 7175 kc   40m crystal - yep, right on top of Radio Moscow.  Ouch!

	73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas
ac5aa at ac5aa.com