[TenTec] Entry level for boys

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Aug 21 13:58:55 EDT 2016

This brings up more memories of how I got started listening to radio. My
grandfather was an EE who worked in the coal mines, and he had all the
latest gadgets. I was seven years old when he died, and his big pre-WWII
floor model American Bosch 8-tube radio with several short wave bands
got passed along to me. In addition to SWLing on the AM band, I found
Willis Conover's Jazz Hour on the Voice of America and a couple of ham
bands. Yes, WSM, but also late night jazz from WWL, WHO, WHAM, WMAQ,
WCFL, and WCCO. Jazz and ham radio became two life-long loves.

Jim K9YC