[TenTec] Replacement output T/R relays for TT linear amps.

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Aug 21 16:27:54 EDT 2016

Agreed on all counts.  Several years ago, an engineer in the Alpha booth
told me they use Gigavac. I've been using Gigavac as replacements for my
TenTec amps for about ten years. I bought them direct from Gigavac under
their ham discount program, and I still have a couple of new spares in
my parts stash. I don't remember the last time I had to replace a T/R
relay -- I'd guess at least 5-6 years, and my operation is 90% CW. I do
NOT usually do QSK with those amps though, because of operating speed,
the complexity of keying loops with SO2R operation, and not wanting to
have to replace a T/R relay in the middle of a contest.

73, Jim K9YC