[TenTec] Paragon I PLL

k7mks at comcast.net k7mks at comcast.net
Fri Aug 26 15:01:44 EDT 2016

In past 2 days my Paragon, after having been turned OFF for several hours up to overnight, has experienced 2 failures of PLL locking. In each instance, after turning on the Paragon, i pressed the RESET button and normal operation for hours, in all respects (mode and band changes) plus power output, was returned

This is a cosmetically excellent radioi with all fllters and a Giehl chip The "P" word has not entered the picture yet but my comfort zone with PLL's is zero. Would appreciate helpful comments to help keep this radio in one piece!

Thank you Joe k7mks