[TenTec] Activating equipment from long-term storage

David Kelley dkelley at bucknell.edu
Thu Dec 15 17:19:26 EST 2016

I have been inactive for about 15 years, and during that time my
equipment (including a lot of Ten-Tec rigs) has been off and in storage.
It's been in a climate controlled closet, so there should be no mildew,
dust, critters, etc. I don't have any tube equipment that I plan to
activate at this point; it's all operated from 12 V.

My time away from ham radio has been too long, and I want to get back on
the air. Are there any precautions I should take when I turn on my
solid-state rigs for the first time in 15 years? I realize that some of
the electrolytic capacitors might need to be replaced, but is there
anything else I should be concerned about?

What about my high-current 12 V power supplies? All are "linear" - no
switch-mode supplies.

Thanks and 73,
Dave ND3K